The Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute provides
"Crime Prevention for the 21st Century",
a series of free crime prevention training presentations for community, business and law enforcement.
MCCPI provides training on a variety of crime prevention topics. Should your agency or organization be interested in any of these topics, contact the Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute to discuss available resources.
- Law Enforcement
- Residential Crime Prevention Programs (4-day)
- Commercial Crime Prevention Programs (5-day)
- D.A.R.E. Entry Level, Expansion, and In-Service
- Co-Sponsorships of workshops on prevention related topics.
- Community Groups, Business, etc.
- Personal Security
- Residential Security
- Commercial Security
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Community Policing
- Violence Prevention
2012 Annual Governor's Crime Prevention Award Winners
MCCPI also provides on-site technical assistance to organizations and communities desiring to organize or to further develop a crime prevention or community policing program. The Institute can assist you in developing strategies specific to your needs in many ways.
- Mobilizing Communities
- Revitalizing prevention efforts
- Building partnerships
- Networking with crime prevention specialists
- Facilitating workshops & seminars
- Providing technical and educational assistance
- Crime Prevention
- D.A.R.E. services
The Institute serves as a resource center for crime prevention information in Maryland. Reference materials and audio-visuals are available for loan upon request. FREE crime prevention brochures are available in limited quantities.
A number of brochures are available online in PDF format as well.
Partnerships & Coalitions
MCCPI participates in many crime prevention coalitions, partnership, committees and networks at the national, state, and local level. The Institute supports such organizations as:
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Maryland Chiefs of Police Association
- Maryland Sheriffs Association
Maryland Crime Prevention Association
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Maryland D.A.R.E. Officers' Association
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Community Policing Institute
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Maryland Triad/S.A.L.T. Network
- Maryland Elder/Vulnerable Adult Abuse Prevention Committee
The Institute supports, promotes and facilitates several special crime prevention projects each year. Among them are: