Baltimore City Detention Center
Important Inmate Phone System Changes
As a result of a recent telephone vendor contract award, friends and family of detainees housed at all the Baltimore City detention facilities should be aware of some minor disruptions in service in the coming weeks. With the introduction of this new vendor we hope to provide you improved detainee telephone services at the same, and in some cases, lower costs.
The actual change-over for BCDC will happen February 21, 2013. This Advanced Pay brochure from the new vendor has been distributed to the detainee population and may be useful for you as well.
Family members will have to contact Securus directly for refunds on established collect call accounts they (family members) made from Securus in the past. If you currently have an account with Securus you may be receiving a call further explaining your options from the new vendor Global Tel* Link in the near future.
We apologize for any inconvenience this vendor transfer may cause in trying to reach a loved one at a DPSCS facility and thank you for your cooperation.
10:00 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. and 3:00p.m. - 4:45p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
NO VISITS ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY
Phone: (410) 209-4001 or
(410) 209-4145 (24 hours)
Fax: (410) 209-4260
Acting Jail Administrator:
Visitor Dress Code
All visitors, to include children, must dress appropriately for visitation. All clothing must cover from the neck to the kneecaps.
- The following types of clothing are not allowed to be worn:
- tube tops, tank tops, or halter tops
- see-through clothing
- mini-skirts, mini-dresses, shorts, skorts, or culottes (at or above the kneecap)
- form-fitting clothes such as leotards, spandex, and leggings
- clothes that expose a person's midriff, side, or back
- tops or dresses that have revealing necklines and/or excessive splits
- coats, jackets, shawls and scarves will be placed in an appropriate area.